**CANCELLED **Education: Business Accounting and Job Costing: A Road Map to Profitability - June 13, 2019
This course provides you with the basics of financial planning, budgeting, construction business accounting, job cost systems, and financing options that will enable you to track and analyze cost of goods, overhead, and individual job costs as well as communicate about them effectively.
Topics include accounting terminology, a chart of accounts, types of records and reports to be maintained, and loan products that can provide financing alternatives.
Attendees of this course will learn to:
- Define concepts and basic terminology to construction business accounting.
- Describe the value and usage of common financial reports used for measuring business performance, job cost accounting, and variance analysis.
- Explain the importance and process of measuring and analyzing job cost against performance.
- Identify the essentials of operating capital funding methods.
- Identify common construction and permanent mortgage products and the relative builder/client positions.
- Recognize the differences between active income and passive income endeavors.
- Access templates for a personal budget, a company budget, a chart of accounts, an income statement, and balance sheet reports.
This course is designed for everyone who has responsibility to govern the success of a company, in whole or in part, needs to understand the process of business accounting and job costing. That is not to say that everyone must be an accountant, but rather everyone should understand the principles by which the process is made orderly. Examples include: Business owners, Vendors, Trade contractors, Trade professionals, Service professionals, Project managers, and Office staff.
NAHB Continuing Education: 6 hours towards CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, MIRM
Elective for NAHB Designations: CGA
Required for: CGB, CGR
No walk-in registrations for this class. Space is limited so register today.